April is Occupational Therapy Month and Therapy Achievements wants to celebrate! With over 100 years of combined experience, the occupational therapists at Therapy Achievements are able to provide the best blend of cutting edge technology combined with proficiency and knowledge that comes with dedication and practice.
But what does “occupation” have to do with therapy? Occupational therapists help people participate in the things they want and need to do – their “occupations” – through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. Common occupational therapy interventions include helping people recovering from injury to regain skills and providing supports to cope with physical and cognitive changes. Occupational therapy services typically include:
- Individualized evaluations to determine the person’s goals
- Customized interventions to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach their goals
- Re-evaluation to ensure goals are being met and changes are made to the intervention plan to maximize outcomes.
Occupational therapy services may include:
- Practice of self-care, home management, school/work or community activities to become proficient and identify strategies for success.
- Exercise for flexibility, coordination, balance, strength, and endurance to better enable participation in activities of daily living and functional mobility
- Evaluations of home, work, school or other environments to identify modification and adaptive equipment to increase independence.
Occupational therapy services are typically covered by health insurance and Therapy Achievements is an in-network provider for most insurances.
Therapy Achievements is a Rehabilitation Center that provides Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy for Balance and Movement, Speech and Swallowing, Swelling from Lymphedema and Edema, Driving Rehabilitation and Functional Living Skills for visual and cognitive re-training. We help people with Brain Injury, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Lymphedema, Head and Neck Cancer, Vertigo and Dizziness, and other disorders that interfere with mobility and function. We offer VitalStim Technology, Saebo Technology, LSVT LOUD Treatment, LSVT BIG Treatment, and Neuro-Developmental Treatment.