Go Red! February is Heart Awareness Month
If you had heart disease, would you recognize the symptoms? You might be thinking, “Of course!” But there’s plenty more you need to know besides pain in your chest. While pain in the chest is one symptom, there are more – symptoms that if recognized could save your life. So before you pass that jaw pain off as the result of sleeping funny or lightheadedness as something a snack or rest can fix, learn the symptoms. And don’t ignore them!
Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
If you have any of these signs, call 9-1-1 and get to a hospital right away.
* Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
* Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
* Sudden trouble seeing or blurred vision in one or both eyes
* Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
* Sudden severe headache with no known cause