Therapy Achievements teams with you and your doctor to design a rehabilitation program to improve your ability to function, reduce your symptoms, and improve your well-being. Cancer Rehab’s goal is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible and to improve your overall quality of life — physically, emotionally, and socially.
Your program may include physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy in a combination and frequency that will best meet your needs. Your Cancer Rehab may include:
- Pain Management: Manual therapy, Cold Laser, Negative Pressure Therapy
- Soft Tissue Management: Scar mobility, Range of Motion, Lymphedema, Skin Integrity, Wound Care
- Swallow Function: Myofascial release, Swallow Test & Imaging, Remedial exercise
- Laryngectomy and Tracheotomy Care
- Cognitive Function: Remedial exercise and Strategies for “chemo brain”
- Driving Evaluation
- Fatigue & Weakness
We can also help connect you with community support groups. We believe working together creates synergy and together we can accomplish more. To that end, we support the Lymphedema Awareness and Support of North Alabama (LASNA).