Therapy Achievements is a Lymphedema Center of Excellence that provides comprehensive treatment for lymphedema and lipedema. We provide Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT) that includes:
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Bandaging and/or Compression Garments
- Remedial Exercises
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Negative Pressure Therapy
- Pneumatic Compression Devices
- Training for Risk Factors
- Proper Skin Care & Diet
Management of Pain
We have certified lymphedema therapists who follow the best practices so you can get the best results.
Cancer rehabilitation helps people with cancer maintain and restore physical and emotional wellbeing. Cancer rehabilitation is available before, during, and after cancer treatment and is designed to help you experience a fuller or quicker recovery.
Cancer Rehab can help improve the following conditions:
- Carcinomas: Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Lymphomas and Sarcomas
Therapy Achievements can be a vital part of your burn and wound care team. We provide therapy to control scar tissue, maintain tissue flexibility, and control swelling and infection so your burn or wound can heal. We help coordinate and communicate with all members of your Care Team.
Your Care Team can include the Wound and Burn Clinics and doctors and nurses from internal medicine, infectious disease, vascular medicine, nephrology, plastic surgery, or other specialists.
Therapy Achievements teams with you and your doctor to design a rehabilitation program to improve your ability to function, reduce your symptoms, and improve your well-being. Cancer Rehab’s goal is to help you return to the highest level of function and independence possible and to improve your overall quality of life — physically, emotionally, and socially.
Your program may include physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy in a combination and frequency that will best meet your needs. Your Cancer Rehab may include:
- Pain Management: Manual therapy, Cold Laser, Negative Pressure Therapy
- Soft Tissue Management: Scar mobility, Range of Motion, Lymphedema, Skin Integrity, Wound Care
- Swallow Function: Myofascial release, Swallow Test & Imaging, Remedial exercise
- Laryngectomy and Tracheotomy Care
- Cognitive Function: Remedial exercise and Strategies for “chemo brain”
- Driving Evaluation
- Fatigue & Weakness
We can also help connect you with community support groups. We believe working together creates synergy and together we can accomplish more. To that end, we support the Lymphedema Awareness and Support of North Alabama (LASNA).
Find your solution, today.