Neuro Rehab helps people with disease or injury to their brain or spine to improve the overall quality of their life. Not only physically but emotionally and socially as well. Our team of physical, occupational and speech therapists have extensive experience in treating people with brain and spinal cord injury. In fact, we’ve been treating patients for over 20 years! Excellence In All We Do is one of our core values. To that end, we maintain advanced training in numerous neuro rehab therapies including NeuroDevelopmental Treatment Technique (NDT), Saeboflex Technology, LSVT Big & Loud Therapy for Parkinson’s, Speak Out! therapy for Parkinson’s, Vital Stim treatment for swallowing and more! As a matter of fact, we are constantly adding training and technology to our skill set.
Your Neuro Rehab Program:
During your course of therapy, we will team with you to design a custom rehabilitation program. Your program will not only help you return to the highest level of function but will also enable you to achieve the most independence possible. Your involvement in crafting your neuro rehab program is vital to it’s success. Because of this, we listen carefully to what is most important to you. As a result, your Neuro Rehab program may include:
Activities of Daily Living
- Training in how to complete activities of daily living (ADLs), such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, handwriting, cooking, and basic housekeeping.
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence.
Movement & Functional Mobility
- Activities to improve mobility (movement), muscle control, gait (walking), and balance. Our therapists use multiple treatment techniques to facilitate return of movement to muscles paralyzed by central nervous system damage. Your therapy program may include NeuroDevelopmental Treatment therapy, LSVT Big therapy, and Saebo Technology depending on your needs.
- Exercise programs to improve movement, prevent or decrease weakness caused by lack of use, and maintain range of motion. To this end, your therapist will use exercise coupled with techniques to manage spasticity and pain.
- Pain management. Managing pain enables you to get the most out of therapy. And modalities can be very effective in reducing pain. Because of this, your program may include Dry Needling, NeuroMuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES), and Low Level Laser Therapy.
Speech & Cognitive Function
- Speech therapy to help with speaking, reading, or writing. We use a variety of therapies including LSVT Loud and Speak Out! to help people speak loudly and clearly when communicating with others.
- Swallowing therapy. Our therapists use a variety of therapies and techniques including VitalStim technology to help people with dysphagia and other swallowing problems.
- Activities to improve cognitive impairments. Cognitive problems may include difficulty with concentration, attention, memory, and poor judgment. Our Memory Rehabilitation program helps people with progressive disease slow down memory loss and identify compensation strategies.
- Help with connecting with community support groups. We believe working together creates synergy and together we can accomplish more. To that end, we support the Rocket City MS MeetUp, the Huntsville Parkinson’s Support Group, the Brain and Stroke Support Group and the Lymphedema Awareness and Support of North Alabama (LASNA).
- Education and counseling. Knowledge can be a powerful tool when coping with neuro dysfunction. Our therapists provide clear information to help you understand the rehab process and connect you to the support network you need.
- Safety, independence evaluations and home care needs. We provide job site evals, home evals and other off-site visits to ensure a smooth transition back previous levels of function.
In short, we are the Rehab Specialists and we want to team with you so you can accomplish your goals and reach your potential. Want more information on how Therapy Achievements can help specific neuro rehab conditions? Download our detailed information to learn more.
Download our detailed information to learn more.